Office of the Provost

The University of Michigan Faculty Handbook

10.C Informal School or College Resolution

If the matter cannot be resolved at the departmental or unit level, or if the parties in the dispute are from different departments or units, it may be necessary to bring the matter to the attention of the dean or director. Resolution of the dispute may involve an informal discussion with the dean or director, or a face-to-face meeting with the disputants and the dean, director, or his or her representative in attendance.

Faculty Handbook: Resolution of Disputes: