resources & tools
- Building, Space, & Utilities Information & Reporting
- Classroom & Research Utilization Reporting
- Space Reporting Assistance
- Floor Plans, Campus Maps, & Construction Projects
- Facilities Condition Assessment
- Preparing for Moves & Funding Principles
- Other Facilities Resources
For information on M-Pathways space management or utilities information and available reports, refer to the following pages:
For information on classroom scheduling and utilization or research space reporting, refer to the following pages:
The Provost's Office is able to assist in interpreting campus space-related data, as well as assist in tying it to other sets of data (enrollment, financial, HR, etc.), to address internal unit space planning questions. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with additional details about your needs to request assistance.
Units and departments may request floor plans via e-mail from the following sources:
- Ann Arbor campus:
Space Information - Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC)
- Medical School
Office of Space Management - Medical School
Several U-M offices maintain maps of North, Central and South Campuses:
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction maps
- Campus Information Center maps
- Parking and Transportation Services maps
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction maintains a list of major construction and renovation projects currently underway.
Plant Operations' Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) Program is comprehensive database on the physical condition of the campus building portfolio. FCA information is used for a wide variety of campus activities, including:
- Capital planning of major renovations
- Maintenance and operations decisions regarding repairs and replacements
- Prioritizing deferred maintenance backlog and goals.
There are various instances when your unit or department may need to move to a new location, either temporarily or permanently. The following documents provide background information related to funding and preparing for such moves.
- Facilities & Funding Principles for Moves (pdf)
This document provides a broad overview on the budget model and roles and responsibilities related to planning and funding moves, as defined by the Office of Budget and Planning (OBP).
- Moving Guide (pdf)
This document is a logistical guide for actually completing a move, with sample time schedules and helpful contacts.
- Facilities and Operations Guidelines
- U-M Statement on Stewardship & Fiscal Responsibilities
- General Guidelines for Facility & Space Use
- Use of University Grounds
- Serving Alcohol on University Property
- Filming on Campus
- Smoke-free University Initiative
Last reviewed: December 2016